The Enigma Public API Reference provides information for developers on building applications that integrate with Enigma Public. It includes the following sections (accessed from the left menu):
- Conventions covers terminology, concepts, behaviors, and mechanisms specific to the HTTP API. Familiarity with basic HTTP concepts and terminology is assumed.
- Resources outlines the various data models and their attributes. A resource is any object accessible through an API endpoint.
- Endpoints lists the API endpoints and their parameters. It includes examples of how to accomplish specific tasks using the available endpoints.
API requests must include a bearer token (API key) or valid session cookie. For details, see Authentication.
Useful topics to get you started
- Getting started with the API
- Using Python to access Enigma Public
- Using the API to read data into pandas
- Exploring money in politics using the API and pandas
For inspiration and examples of interesting projects built using the Enigma Public API, see Enigma Public projects.